Hands-On Hadoop Administrator - R&D Environment - MUST Hold Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Posted Feb 22
Hands-on Hadoop Administrator Needed to Set Up a Hadoop Environment from Scratch for an R&D Initiative!
We are looking for a very strong Hadoop Administrator to join us on an R&D initiative in the Reston/Herndon, VA area. We are building a Hadoop environment from the ground up. You MUST hold an active TS/SCI with a full scope polygraph to be considered for this position.
This small R&D group will be setting up a Hadoop environment from scratch. While the project is research oriented, it's fruits will be applied to a mission-critical system. So, engineers will enjoy the fun, experimental, and fast-paced nature of an R&D program, with the satisfaction of building technology that will be utilized.
This position is for someone who combines serious technical chops, with a thirst for challenge, and enough humility to be self-reflective about their technical decisions. The bar for this team is very high. We are ready to hire the right person for this role immediately!
- True, solid, hands-on Hadoop administrator experience! (We love architects, systems engineers, systems administrators, and developers with Hadoop experience - and we would be happy to talk with them about other programs we work on - but this role requires actual hands-on Hadoop administration experience.)
- Firm knowledge of HDFS and MapReduce
- Experience setting up clusters, preferably from the ground up
- Experience maintaining and monitoring clusters
- Ability to create patches, script, and do some software development
- A deep understanding of Hadoop design principals and factors that affect distributed system performance, including hardware and network considerations/configurations
- Understanding of NameNode High Availability, NameNode Federation, and FairScheduler configuration
- Experience installing and implementing Kerberos-based security for clusters
- Ability to load data into the cluster from dynamically-generated files using Flume and from relational database management systems using Sqoop
- A firm handle on what system administration issues exist within the Hadoop ecosystem and associated components such as Hive, Pig, and HBase
*** Active TS/SCI with a full scope polygraph, preferably with the VA customer ***
We’re a fairly small software and systems company - about 50 engineers strong - and we are known for our delivery. Before it became a dominant technology, many of our engineers were trained on Cloudera’s Hadoop distribution, which is why Whiteboard was able to set up the 1st fully accredited cloud in the DOD. Whether it’s a fresh approach to systems or a creative application of (perhaps unusual) technologies for our unique Intel Community customer problem-set, we listen to the ideas our engineers bring to the table because we know our engineers steer our future. Interested? We hope so: www.whiteboardfederal.com.